Look's Ribeye Roast
- 1 Certified Angus Beef Ribeye Roast
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 Tablespoons rosemary
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup red wine
- 2 cups beef stock
- Before cooking your roast, take it out of the refrigerator and let it come up to room temperature for 1 hour. This will allow your roast to cook more evenly.
- Mix together the garlic, rosemary, oil, and black pepper and rub the entire surface of the meat with that mixture. Season the entire roast liberally with salt.
- Elevate the roast on a rack in a roasting pan and place in a 250°F oven. Roast your Certified Angus Ribeye at this temperature until an internal temperature of 125°F is attained. This will give you a medium rare to medium ribeye roast.
- Remove the roast from the oven and turn your oven up to 500°F. Place the roast back in the oven for 5 minutes until a dark crust is formed over the roast.
- Remove the roast from the oven and let it rest for at least 20 minutes before carving.
- To build the sauce, you will need to deglaze the roasting pan. Pour in the cup of red wine and scrape any of the bits off of the bottom of the roasting pan.
- Pour the wine mixture into a smaller sauce pan. Add the 2 cups of beef stock to the wine and let simmer while the roast is resting. The viscosity of the sauce should be just a little thicker than water, similar to a soda. Check for seasoning and use the sauce you have just finished for your Jus.